Book Your Honeymoon
The honeymoon is a trip of a lifetime opportunity! The history behind the “honeymoon” is very interesting and can be found here:
I would recommend booking your honeymoon at least 6-9 months in advance. Many popular destinations book fast especially during peak season, which is June-August in most places.
- Agree on a destination that reflects both of your personalities
- Agree on how long will you be on your honeymoon
- Look beyond the “tourist” stuff. See what your destination has to offer for excursions and experiences
- Set a honeymoon budget- how much you will be spending on the honeymoon. Remember that many places offer “excursions” that cost extra but add to the experience.
- Book your hotel and flight (if necessary) as soon as you can!
- Book a rental car if necessary (check on the age requirements if you will be doing this).
- Get passports (if travelling internationally)
- Remember, places south of the equator have opposite seasons!